[syslog-ng]Real time .conf?

Brian Leveille bleveille@defendnet.com
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:30:03 -0500

Bazsi & Matt,

Thanks for your help.  After strace-ing I found that the culprit was DNS.
DNS lookups were blocking the daemon.

Adding use_dns(no) to the global config fixed the problem.  Messages are now
being written to disk in real time and I am losing nothing!

Now, if I want my 'pretty' directory structure and filenames do I add my
remote machines to /etc/hosts or do I make my syslog-ng machine a caching
name server?  Will these block?

Brian Leveille
Senior Internetworking Engineer
DefendNet Solutions, Inc.