[syslog-ng]destination-feature

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:16:18 +0100

> relating to my last question about SQL-output another idea:
>
> the destination-function should have an printf-like option so you can
> format the output the way you like it; specially for the
> programm-destination it would be nice to have separators for the
> different fields to let the program handle and process these during
> runtime with each message.

syslog-ng ensures the format of output messages (unlike client syslogds
which sometimes omit hostnames, date fields and such)

so delimiting the message with spaces should give you the correct results.

your feature request has been on my todo list for ages now, but did not have
enough time to imlpement it.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt