[OT] distributed UNIX FS layout policy (was Re: [syslog-ng]Hi all,. does anyone know of a compiled RPM for SysLog-NG?)

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:08:04 +0100

We use /opt but not /pkgs.  Most of the software I compile or install is
either in /opt, one of the system dirs /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, or in
/usr/local.  We use pretty much the same set up as you except for /pkgs.
/usr/local is auto-mounted, /opt is local to machine.  It works out fairly
well that way.

Regards,
Drew Hamilton