[syslog-ng] ipfw logging

Dan Rich drich@employees.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 17:03:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Ilya wrote:

> ok i tried /dev/log - no result, same thing - ipfw is not being logged
> anywhere. i noiced that i am not the only one with this problem. the
> other person from japan seems to have similar issue.

I don't have the whole thread, so this may already have been covered...

I believe ipfw is logged via. the kernel like ipchains.  Do you have the
kernel logging device in your syslog-ng config file?  On Linux, you need
to add:
        file("/proc/kmsg");
to your source statement and then you can kill klogd.

--
Dan Rich <drich@employees.org> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/