[syslog-ng] mysql patch

Florin Andrei fandrei@mail.rds.ro
Mon, 08 May 2000 16:52:11 +0300

Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> >       I remember that someone said that there is a mysql patch for syslog-ng.
> > Anyone knows its status?
>
> I've never heard of it yet, so I don't think it exists.

	Look what i've found here
http://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/1999-September/000235.html

=================== cut here ========================
Hi,

I started writing a MySQL based version of syslogd a couple weeks ago,
it turns out that the original sysklogd package is an ugly mess and it
wasnt feasible to try rewriting it for mysql support.  Would you
consider adding a mysql destination to the syslog-ng source?  Would you
mind if I write one and distributed it as a patch/module/etc?  Would
anyone else want to work on this?  The original product page is located
at http://www.phunc.com/~spinux (myLog).

-HD

--
Florin Andrei