[syslog-ng] syslog-ng under HP-UX 10.20

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:56:59 +0200

Hi,

> > Try installing the latest HP patch cluster.  Patch number PHCO_16723
> > adds snprintf() to libc.
>
> I just applied the patch. snprintf is now present (using ar revealed it)
> but the linker still doesn't find it.
> Anyway, I linked an extracted version of snprintf (using ar) against
> syslog-ng.
> Futher test brought up the following problem:
>
> My configuration was using pipe("/dev/log") as source and
> a remote machine via tcp as destination.
> syslog-ng then printed a logline without any termination
> resuling in lots of crap and newlines in the remote logfile.
>
> Is this a matter of configuration or still a problem with snprintf ?

No. It's a problem with HP-UX local messages support. If you can send me an
strace/truss/ktrace whatever it's called output of a logger session, I may
be able to help here.

I need the dump of data logger sends to /dev/log. To achieve this, you may
have to enlarge the maximum string size to the syscall log (-s option of
Linux strace)

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt