[syslog-ng] sendmail with syslog-ng

Simon Yang simony@solect.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:13:20 -0500

--------------80E0E2CB8722A21FBC034F47

Hi folks,

I installed syslog-ng 1.3.14 under Solaris 2.6 and used the following
config file
source local { sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
internal(); };

destination syslog { file("/var/tmp/syslog.trc");
                        program("/usr/lib/sendmail john@company.com");
};
log { source(local); destination(syslog); };

     I expect that emails should only be sent to john@company.com when
an error message occurs. With the current implementation of the
syslog-ng, only one messages is sent out containing the whole syslog.trc
that is defined in the config file  when the syslog-ng is started.
Obviously, something is wrong. Is this a feature or bug with syslog-ng
or the config file was not configured correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. --------------80E0E2CB8722A21FBC034F47--