[syslog-ng] massive memory leak

Scott McDermott mcdermot@questra.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:09:38 -0400

I was wondering if anyone else has had the experience of checking out
processes on their DMZ log forwarder after a couple of weeks of running
syslog-ng (~5 machines logging to it, one file destination, one TCP
remote), only to find its VSZ to be approaching 80MB :)

Obviously some kind of significant memory leak.  According to the list
archives, another poster put up a patch but he has not responded to my
inquiries; I'm wondering if anyone else has patches or has used the
patch posted not too long ago...or at least, perhaps someone could
confirm that they also must restart the syslog-ng process daily to
combat memory leakage.