[syslog-ng] Program Directive (EOF?)

Don Armstrong don@donarmstrong.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:02:09 -0700

Is there any way that we could add a feature to the program directive
to have it send an EOF after a specified number of messages? Or
something similar?

I'm trying to set up qpage to page me when certain messages are
logged, but because there is no EOF sent (I think that's correct) the
qpage just sits there waiting for the message to end. [Same thing
with sendmail].

I guess I could just bite the bullet an write an go-between parser to
do it, but it seems that this sort of functionality would be good for
syslog-ng to have.

			Don Armstrong

[I apologize if this has been addressed earlier... non-searchable
archives are difficult to glean answers from ;-)]

Don Armstrong            |        ".naidnE elttiL etaH I"
UC Riverside             |
don@donarmstrong.com     |      http://www.donarmstrong.com
      do "finger -l don@pellam.ucr.edu" for pgp key
       Unsigned, Unencrypted e-mails will not be trusted.
                 Get PGP: http://www.pgp.com