[syslog-ng] klogd on Linux

Stefan Stammler stefan@fostam.franken.de
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:55:38 +0200

I run syslog-ng 1.4.4, and it works fine except for one thing: the Linux
klogd seems to have problems with it. When both daemons are running, no
kernel messages are logged at all. An strace on klogd shows the
following error:

connect(1, {sun_family=AF_UNIX, sun_path="/dev/log"}, 10) = -1
EPROTOTYPE (Protocol wrong type for socket)

Killing syslog-ng and starting syslogd without touching klogd makes it
run fine.
What could be the problem? I've read on the list that the starting order
of the daemons is important, but I tried all possibilities, always with
the same behaviour.

My source config:
source src { unix-stream( "/dev/log" ); internal(); } ;

Stefan