[syslog-ng] owner and group of create dirs

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:15:59 +0200

> From: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi@balabit.hu>
> Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] owner and group of create dirs
> Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:02:56 +0200
>
> > > Hi, My syslog-ng.conf is
> > >
> > > destination  std  { file("/var/log/$HOST/$FACILITY.debug/$YEAR$MONTH/$FACILITY.debug$YEAR$MONTH$DAY" owner(admin) group(admin) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700) create_dirs(yes)); };
> > >
> > > If /var/log/$HOST/$FACILITY.debug/$YEAR$MONTH is not exist,
> > > make that dirs. But that's owner is root:other. I think because
> > > daemon's effective user ID is root.
> > >
> > > I want to change dir's owner. Is this possible?
> >
> > yes, you can do this using the owner(), group() and perm() options. you can
> > even have syslog-ng to create the directories for you using the
> >
> > create_dirs(yes) option.
>
> Hmmm, perhaps my english is poor :-)
>
> Sorry, my request is not to create directories.
> I want to change owner and group of created directories
> by syslog-ng.
>
> My system is SPARC/Solaris7 and syslog-ng 1.4.4.
> I think owner() and group() are effective to destination
> file only.

ops, that's true. there was a dir_perm() option to set permission bits, but
one could not set owner, or group. Just committed a change about that. Will
be available in the next version.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt