[syslog-ng] Filter troubles

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:01:20 -0700

I am having some difficulty understanding filters. (syslog-ng 1.3.17)

I am trying to replicate Solaris's syslog.conf entry:
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;auth.err;news.none;user.none

as far as I can tell this translates to:
filter filname {
	priority(panic, alert, crit, error)
	and not facility(user, news);
};

which is also the same as
filter filname {
	priority(panic, alert, crit, error)
	and not facility(user) and not facility(news);
};

kern doesn't seem to be logging at all...
if I drop facility checking then kern logs....

Any thoughts?

Also I noticed that there is a range operator (..)
but the above  priority(panic, alert, crit, error)  does not
seem to be the same as priority(panic..error).  Am I right in thinking
that (..) is broken or am misunderstanding what (..) does.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)