[syslog-ng]Syslog-ng adds unwanted entries to my logs...

Matt Mencel mmatt@freew3.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:55:23 -0600

Let me try this again.  Sorry for inconveniencing you all with multiple
emails last night.

I have several servers logging to one central server through a firewall.  No
big deal.  However the central logging server is adding entries to the
beginning of each line of each log.  This is great for most of the logs as
it lets me know where each entry came from.  In the case of my web and ftp
logs however this information is unnecessary and prevents Analog and
Webalizer from parsing through the logs correctly.  Here's an example from
my httpd-access log on my logging server.

Dec 19 08:22:28 otherserver root: www.somewebpage.com 123.123.123.123 - -
[19/Dec/2000:08:22:28 -0600] "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 200 2026
http://www.somewebpage.com/ "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98;
DigExt)"

The stuff it adds, and that I don't want is everything up to the first entry
of the virtualserver. In this case, www.somewebpage.com.
So "Dec 19 08:22:28 otherserver root:" needs to be tossed out somehow.  Is
anyone else doing this or is it not possible to tell syslog-ng not to add
these entries?  Thanks for any help.

Matt
mmatt@freew3.com