[syslog-ng] Re: Syslog - log_fifo_size?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:27:11 +0200

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 11:20:54PM -0400, Scott Galambos wrote:
> I can't get log_fifo_size to work.  It appears to done nothing at all.
>
> For example:
> destination file_misc { file("/var/log/misc.log" log_fifo_size(4)); };
>
> The number of lines in misc.log goes far beyond 4.  Same thing if in the
> options line.  How can I limit the size of the log files?  Is that what
> log_fifo_size is suppose to do?

no. log_fifo_size controls the number of log entries in the output queue,
and for files it may not be used at all, since files are always writable.

output queues are used for example on TCP connections, when the destination
host or network can't accept messages fast enough.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt