[syslog-ng] complex filtering

Hamilton, Andrew Mr. HamiltonA@hq.5sigcmd.army.mil
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:10:38 +0200

I've also had problems with the "and not" filtering in syslog-ng.  I ended
up having to do a kind of a DeMorgan method and change the filtering around
a little.  I got it to do what I wanted but not quite the way I expected.

filter f_messages { level(info..warn) and not facility(local2,kern,auth); };

The above didn't work the way I expected it should have.  I ended up doing

filter f_messages { level(info..warn) and facility(mail,news,etc..); };

This seemed to work ok.  I'm not sure if syslog-ng is evaluating the "and
not" construct the way you'd expect.  Of course it may be that I just wasn't
using it correctly as well.

Drew