[syslog-ng] Re: question on syslog-ng 1.1.32

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:26:07 +0200

> 	Is it possible to make logs like the following:
>
> Oct 14 08:54:37 last/localhost  message repeated 1 time
>
> 	unconditionally go through the filter of the message it is
> referring to? With my current filtering, it is difficult to tell what
> message this actually applies to because it gets written to a different
> file than the message itself. Thanks for any help.

syslog-ng currently doesn't generate such repetition messages, so it must be
something that sends messages to syslog-ng, thus there's no way finding out
which message it is referring to.

In syslog-ng this will be implemented in the destination drivers, so
these messages will go where the one they are referring to.