[syslog-ng] Troubles with kernel facility items (firewall DENYs esp.)

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 14:20:02 +0200

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 02:33:34PM -0500, Jason Hollinden wrote:
> I've set up syslog-ng as directed by everything I could find.  In the
> .conf file below, yertle is the local machine running syslog-ng, and the
> other 2 are remote machines.  The remote machine lines output everything
> fine, but the local (yertle) will not report any kernel messages (such as
> kernel firewall DENYs).  I've tried adding the unix-stream /dev/klog for
> the inside_src, but that didn't help.  Here's my .conf:

kernel messages can be read from the file /proc/kmsg, but for better
results, I suggest using klogd. klogd substitutes symbols with kernel
addresses etc.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt