[syslog-ng] proftpd

Jacob Zehnder jrz@rackmount.org
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:08:39 -0800 (PST)

hi,

ive got everything working perfectly in my setup but im having one
problem.  i cant seem to be able to filter out proftpd from messages.  i
*can* filter it to ftp.log but it still shows up in messages.

heres what my messages filter looks like
filter f_messages { not facility(mail, kern, proftpd); };

ive substitued proftpd with ftpd, ftp, pro etc..  oh btw, i can filter out
just stock ftpd fine, proftpd is the only thing i have problems with.  i
know that proftpd uses its own syslog util but im still not sure how i
should go about seperating it.  anyone had similar problems? any
suggestions?

thanks,
-jacob

 * Jacob Zehnder * * * * * * * *