[syslog-ng] some questions

Pavel Golubev pg@gu.net
Tue, 11 May 1999 11:25:46 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all,

I see that version 14 version does not support "sync" now (
-/var/log/xxx.log alternative in standard syslogd).  As a rule a big
logging may incredible slow down logstation without  "-" mode. It's too
bad for central logstation.

Next. Standard syslogd writes "host" field correct - corresponding to
client name, but remote client's messages in syslog-ng always looks like
"srcname/syslog-ng_server_name". It's too hard for admin to separate
logfiles visually.

For last :)
Can somebody give me _working_ example of log separating by remote
hostname or IP address. It's not trivial for me :)

PS: all _announced_ features works fine for me, including UDP remote
logging with "program" and "match" filters. Thanks to autor.

---
Pavel Golubev
PG810-RIPE
Global Ukraine Inc.