[syslog-ng] make_class/segv

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:09:41 +0200

> compileing libol.  Libol uses scheme shell to do some
> what looks like to be object oriented extentions to the
> C langugage :)

make_class provides some low-level OOP and a garbage collector.

> Bazsi sent a message out, which I confirmed, that argp
> being sent back from the afdoor fucntion is NULL.
>
> I've been scouring the 'net for syslog_door stuff.  I
> haven't come up with anything reasonable yet.

I now tried syslog-1.0.4, which _did_ work (and is working at a couple of
places), but it gets NULLs too. This is at least _very_ strange.

> /etc/syslog-ng.conf
> [New LWP    2        ]
> [New LWP    3        ]
> [New LWP    4        ]
>
> ** Is this normal?? then I have to hunt to the forked proc id **

syslog-ng goes to background by forking and waiting for a SIGTERM signal to
be sent. The child sends this SIGTERM signal when the initialization is
complete.