[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.1.24

Rob Cermak cermak@ahab.Rutgers.EDU
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:58:07 -0400 (EDT)

I hunted down the scheme shell and installed it.   Grabbed the .24
and compiled.   Still segv on attempts to log any message in Solaris 2.6.

I'm currently using tcp_wrappers, just wondering if that has any side
effects.  I can cause syslog-ng to dump when I telnet from a machine that
does not have access -- thus causing a security message to be sent
to the logger.

Looks like null pointer information being passed to c_format in
afdoor.c:

coquille{root}157: gdb /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng
GNU gdb 4.17
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
details. This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.6"...
(gdb) run -d -v -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -d -v -f /etc/syslog-ng.conf
[New LWP    2        ]
[New LWP    3        ]
[New LWP    4        ]
syslog-ng version 1.1.24 starting
[New LWP    5        ]
[New LWP    6        ]

[Switching to LWP    4        ]

0x1e4c4 in c_vformat_length ()

(gdb) where
#0  0x1e4c4 in c_vformat_length ()
#1  0x1e440 in c_format ()
#2  0x1c3e0 in afdoor_server_proc (cookie=0x4d060, argp=0x0, arg_size=0,
dp=0x0, n_desc=0)
    at afdoor.c:54

This is the the current conf file I'm using for the syslog-ng.conf:

# Setup global options
options { sync(10); };

# Setup source pipes
source src { sun-door /etc/.syslog_door; internal; };

# Setup destination pipes
destination everything { file /var/log/sys sync(2); };

# Connect log pipes from source to destination
log { source src; destination everything; };

Rob