[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.2.22 coredumps in Solaris 7.0 x86

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 15:07:38 +0200

> With help I've finally gotten syslog-ng to work, up to a point. It loads
> the simple configuration file without a problem, and streams to all the
> right files; but after about a minute the program gives up and segfaults,
> leaving a core file.
>
> I have saved a large (1250k) 'truss -f' output file; the tail end follows:

I think this could be a reentrancy problem. Sending output to log
destinations is not reentrant, but is not protected by a mutex. (other input
methods do not use threads, so reentrancy was not an targeted aim) I'll
protect non-reentrant parts with a mutex, that should do the trick.

I am going to hack in fifo support, and add this mutex and release 1.1.23.

PGP key: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt, or finger bazsi@balabit.hu