[syslog-ng] using syslog-ng for syslog forwarding

Markus Warg markus@mail.du.gtn.com
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:35:03 +0100

Bazsi,

On Mon, 27 Dez 1999, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 03:02:47PM +0100, Markus Warg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > has anybody tried the following:
> >
> > redirect logging to a single log host (simple so far) with tcp. Use
> > syslog-ng both for the log host and the log clients. What happens if
> > the connection between client and host times out? Does syslog-ng store
> > messages until it can successfully connect to the log host again or
> > are those messages lost?
> >
> > Sorry if this was discussed before, but I could not find it in my current
> > mailing list archive.
> >

> syslog-ng buffers messages up to a user settable limit. By default this is
> 100 messages, and you can set it by the log_fifo_size() option, which both
> global, and can be set by a per-destination basis IIRC.

That's fine, are those messages buffered in memory or are they written
to disk?

regards,

Markus

--
DPN Verbund-Zentrale        http://www.dpn.de/          fon: +49 203 3093 101
Bismarckstr. 120                                        fax: +49 203 3093 112