[syslog-ng] using syslog-ng for syslog forwarding

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:46:12 +0100

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 03:02:47PM +0100, Markus Warg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> has anybody tried the following:
>
> redirect logging to a single log host (simple so far) with tcp. Use
> syslog-ng both for the log host and the log clients. What happens if
> the connection between client and host times out? Does syslog-ng store
> messages until it can successfully connect to the log host again or
> are those messages lost?
>
> Sorry if this was discussed before, but I could not find it in my current
> mailing list archive.

syslog-ng buffers messages up to a user settable limit. By default this is
100 messages, and you can set it by the log_fifo_size() option, which both
global, and can be set by a per-destination basis IIRC.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt