[syslog-ng] Filter problem

John Wingenbach jwing@pliantsystems.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:01:52 -0500

--------------FF1C0F32A2ABC9E9A326CE47

I have just installed and configure syslog-ng on a couple of solaris
boxes.  However, I seem to be getting more then I wanted sent out to the
ttys.  Here is what I have done:

source s_all { sun-streams("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
               internal();
               udp();
             };
filter f_EmergSanUser { level(emerg) and not facility(user); };
destination d_ttys { usertty("*"); };
log { source(s_all);
      filter(f_EmergSanUser);
      destination (d_ttys);
    };

I am trying to mimic the syslog.conf line:
*.emerg;user.none    *

However, what I am getting is notice level messages on the ttys.

--
John C. Wingenbach
Broadband Technologies