[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.3.7/Solaris 2.7

ger ger@tinet.ie
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:28:01 -0500

Hi,
   don't know if I'm doing something stupid here, or if I'm missing
something, but here goes..
I have been running 1.3.6 successfully on Solaris 2.7 as a central
logging solution, but I upgraded to 1.3.7 to check the new DNS
functionality, and ran into some name resolution problems.
I added the use_dns(yes) and use_fqdn(no) options to the options section

of the configuration file, but my logfiles were still being created with

<facility>.log.<ip_address> rather than <facility>.log.<hostname>, as
had previously been the case with 1.3.6.  I also tried removing the
long_hostnames option in case it was conflicting with the new DNS code,
but to no avail.

I used the same version of libol for both, as no changes seem to have
been made to the libs (0.2.8., Dec 3).

Am I missing something, or has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
Maybe something to do with the Solaris 7 resolver?

Thanks, Ger.

--
Ger Mulcahy, Technical Consultant, Harvard Business School