[syslog-ng] Logging console?

Erich Reitz ereitz@mail.com
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 14:10:57 -0800

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible/wise to log messages sent to the console?

Unattended machines without monitors usually report messages during bootup that
I never see since they are exclusively directed to the console.  During normal
operations I believe there are messages that can be sent exclusively to the
console (ie: perl -w warning messages when the perl script process is run/forked
from a background process without a controlling terminal) and these messages are
never seen/logged.

I am wondering if I can set the console up as a source for syslog-ng on these
machines without monitors?