[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 1.3.7 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:52:54 +0100

Hi,

I've released syslog-ng 1.3.7, which fixes the remaining SIGHUP bugs, and
adds two global configuration options:

* use_dns()   yes/no	enables or disables DNS lookups
* use_fqdn()  yes/no	enables or disables FQDN usage

Note that these are not too well tested (tm).

Since there's a major bug in syslog-ng 1.2.x, which is fixed by 1.3.x, and
is cannot be easily backported, I am thinking about releasing 1.4.0 before
adding further features. (the bug is that all AF_UNIX and AF_INET
connections are dropped when syslog-ng is reinitialized)

So please _test_ this release as much as you can, and I'll release 1.4.0
before christmas.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt