[syslog-ng] regular expressions ...

Josef Bergmann joe@bec.at
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:32:44 +0200

Hi Balazs!

Thanks for the really fast answer :-)

On 31 Aug 99, at 11:36, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> great. in the meanwhile I've released 1.1.32 and libol 0.2.5, you may want to
> grab those as well.

Yes I've checked this in the meantime and build also new debs for Debian 2.1
... thanks.

> > Now I want enable the "hashing-feature" and filter against a file with regex-
> > terms but I found now proper info in the docs. How can configure this
> > features? (I don't found "genh0" and "checkhash" as mentioned in the
> > syslog-ng manpage).
[...]
> hashing is not about a file with regexps in it. It is a digital fingerprint of
> each log message stored along with the logfile. This way unauthorized
> modification can easily be detected. However this feature is not yet
> implemented in the 1.1.xx branch only in 1.0.x.

Sorry for my inaccurate question. Yes I meant hashing in that way, because of
the fingerprints nobody should be able to modificate the logs. So I can find
this in the 1.0.x branch, ok thanks.

And regardless of the hashing-feature I want also regex the logs against
specific patterns. Do the 1.0.x branch know regexps?

> To do what you would like, you'll need the match filter and the new
> destination called "program", like this

Thanks!

bye Josef
--
 BERGMANN engineering & consulting  http://bec.at/

       The gates of thought, -- how slow and late they discover
       themselves!  Yet when they appear, we see that they were always
       there, always open.
                                        - Emerson