[syslog-ng] regular expressions ...

Josef Bergmann joe@bec.at
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 11:26:25 +0200

Hi!

I made some fine Deb-Pakets from libol 0.2.3 and syslog-ng 1.1.31 and
installed it on a Debian 2.1 system. Everthing works/logs nicely :-)

Now I want enable the "hashing-feature" and filter against a file with regex-
terms but I found now proper info in the docs. How can configure this
features? (I don't found "genh0" and "checkhash" as mentioned in the syslog-ng
manpage).

How can I realize a system which for example executes a script if a regex-
target gets hit. The idea is to get a realtime logchecker which mails faults
to the admin ...

Thanks for help.

bye Josef
--
 BERGMANN engineering & consulting  http://bec.at/

'While we liked developing Windows applications, we never inhaled.'
- Philippe Kahn, 1992