[syslog-ng] snapshot 1.1.2 has been released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:18:42 +0200

> > I have released version 1.1.2 of syslog-ng. It is available at
>
> After playing with the stable version, this is my first try with
> the development series and at once I have a question:
> why, oh why scsh (and scheme) is needed for the development version of
> syslog-ng?? Even perl would be closer what's on most common Unix systems,
> but I think to compile a program like syslog-ng nothing except shell
> scripts, make and a C compiler should be needed.
>
> Just my 0.1 filler..

It's only needed for development, it should compile without using scsh. If
it doesn't, it's a bug.

And the reason for scsh is that make_class (the script that requires scsh)
was written by Niels Moller and not me. Reading scheme is chinese to me as
well. Maybe I'll rewrite it to use perl, as soon as I have some spare time.
(e.g. syslog-ng is ready)