[syslog-ng-announce] syslog-ng 2.0.4 has been released
bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat May 19 11:57:09 CEST 2007
Dear syslog-ng users,
A new stable version of syslog-ng has been released. The list of
user-visible changes are summarized below.
For more information, visit our just-updated website at
Mon, 14 May 2007 11:47:48 +0200
* This version of syslog-ng fixes a bug in enforcing the
max-connections() limit for various stream-like sources
(unix-stream and tcp). Previously this limit was not enforced,
thus production environments may use an inadequate value.
Validate your max-connection() settings before upgrading
and check your logs for rejected connections.
* Fixed configuration parsing of the localport() and port() parameters.
* Fixed template_escape() for non-ASCII characters.
* Fixed facility() filter evaluation problems.
* Fixed a possible segmentation fault during shutdown, when pending
messages were still present in the destination queue of a
* Fixed sign of timezone when parsed from the configuration file.
* Fixed counting the number of established connections, the value
used when comparing against the max-connections() parameter.
* Added support for rotated source files.
* Added support for perl-like regexp flags to make it possible to
specify case-insensitive regular expressions.
More information about the syslog-ng-announce