[zorp] TPROXY with iptables nat??

Jakub Bednář bednar.jakub at centrum.cz
Fri Aug 4 12:03:12 CEST 2006

Hi,
     I'd like to describe my problem little bit closer.

We are runing a low bandwidth wireless net.
We have a central station which is communicating
via this morse net with a lots of  devices(later as DEV1).
Every DEV1 has a unique  address, such us 10.4.0.48.
But to every DEV1 is  connected one other device
(later DEV2). All DEV2 has the same IP 192.168.1.2.
On DEV1 we are doing SNAT to 10.4.0.48, this is then
translated to morse address and send to central station.
The central station is then communicationg back using the
received src morse address (star configuration of the net).

I need my TPROXY to catch the traffic going from DEV2 through DEV1,
but not when the src address is 192.168.1.2 but after the SNAT to 10.4.0.48.
This address is then added to data and send to central station. There is
then initiated the client-part of TPROXY using this address. I've written
a simple support for SNAT to my tproxy and it works fine, but we would
rather do the SNAT in iptables than in the TPROXY because we are already
running the SNAT in iptables and the rules are well tested.

Is there any possibility how to do this? And if not, do You think it will be
too complicated for me to write tproxy-kernel-patch which will allow me
to do this?

Thanks a lot,

Jakub Bednar