[zorp] Zorp 2.1.5.5 can't handle load

Sheldon Hearn zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 25 May 2004 22:59:55 +0200

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 13:26, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> hmm. that system load is quite high, it should not be more than 20-30%
> How many interrupts/context switches do you have?

At about 50% CPU utilization, I'm seeing about 6,000 interrupts per
second, and as many as 11,000 context switches per second.

I've got NAPI enabled for the e1000 driver, so there's at least an upper
limit on interrupts per second.

As for context switches, there doesn't seem to be much I can do about
that.  If I'm going to have thousands of threads running on the system,
there's going to be a lot of context switching, no?

Thanks very much for all your help on this.  It's great to have finally
gotten to the point where Zorp stays up even when its configured limits
are reached.  Now I can get on with optimisation. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.