[zorp] Zorp Pro 2.0, post-installation

Major Csaba zorp@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:31:11 +0100

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 04:33, Michael D. (Mick) Bauer wrote:
> By changing the OUTPUT default policy on my firewall to ACCEPT, I was able
> to connect from my ZMS client (actually I could've achieved the same thing
> by leaving it at DROP but by inserting an "accept established" rule in the
> OUTPUT chain, right? And shouldn't that be the default?).

   Yes, it should be the default. (also by default we don't use DROP
rule on OUTPUT chain)

> But immediately after successful authentication, I received the error
> "Request: missing or invalid type", and my ZMS client quit.

  It seems like you use zms-engine from the 2.0 series. Zms client for
windows is not available from the 2.0 series, but from the 2.1. These
are incompatible, so you have to upgrade your zms-engine to 2.1. The
upgrade is available from the apt.balabit.hu apt-source, but it require
username/password.

  BTW: can you tell me the version of your installation CD? You can
check it by booting from it, and pressing F9 on the bootscreen, or mount
it on a working machine and view the file /cdrom/isolinux/version.scr.

MCS