[tproxy] proxy app and server app on the same host (SOLVED)

U.Mutlu for-forums at mutluit.com
Thu Jan 22 13:28:17 CET 2015

Important addendum:

The below described tproxy-solution on single host works only
if the bridge is created with the brctl tool and brought up
with the tool ifconfig (for example in /etc/rc.local):
   brctl addbr br0
   ifconfig br0 10.10.20.1/24 up

It does not work if instead the bridge is created in /etc/network/interfaces !

I don't know whom to blame for this issue, is it an issue of
netfilter/iptables or the kernel?

cu
Uenal