[tproxy] tproxy 2.0.2 (2.6.12) and SMP kernel freeze

Sudhi Herle init.fini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 04:33:01 CEST 2006

Hello,

For a variety of reasons (technical & non-technical), I have
to support 2.6.12 & tproxy-2.0.2 for a customer. On a SMP machine,
we are seeing a hard-kernel freeze on an incoming TCP connection
when ever tproxy-tcp rules are active.

I came across this bug report on the tproxy mailing lists:
  https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/tproxy/2005-November/000215.html

And, a subsequent announcement for 2.0.3-2.6.14 release which
fixes the bug.

Unfortunately, 2.6.14 and 2.6.12 have different netfilter interfaces;
so, I am unsure how to backport the fix to 2.6.12.

I would very much appreciate some hints on how to resolve this on
2.0.2 and 2.6.12.

Thanks in advance,
--
Sudhi