[syslog-ng] [request for feedback] syslog fundamentals post

Radu Gheorghe radu.gheorghe at sematext.com
Tue Jan 31 12:39:01 UTC 2017

Hello,

I just wrote a blog post that tries to disambiguate the word "syslog"
and clarify
the myths I heard around it (as I'm sure you know, there's a lot of vagueness):
https://sematext.com/blog/2017/01/30/what-is-syslog-daemons-message-formats-and-protocols/

Obviously, syslog-ng is an important chunk of it, so I wanted to ask
for any feedback you may have (did I miss something important
regarding syslog-ng? is there something wrong or something else you'd
want to see there?) whichever way you prefer to send it (here, on the
blog post comments, personal Email or Twitter...).

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Radu