[syslog-ng] Coming from Graylog to Syslog-NG

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 03:37:07 CEST 2016

Dear, I've implemented Graylog to receive around 5000-6000 logs/sec,
but I have several problems: INPUT greater than OUTPUT so the journal
increase a lot and the system crash, mainly.

Now I want to use Syslog-NG, because  I used it in the past but for
100-200 logs/sec.

Here is my questions:

1) If I use Syslog-NG with a flat text file to receive 5000-6000
logs/sec, using s fast disk from my storage, do you recommneded to me
this option ???

2) As an extra benefit, what is the best and simple way to have a
graphical view of all the logs ???

Thanks a lot, and maybe I'll ask you again about this topic in
accordance with your comments.

Roberto