[syslog-ng] [Syslog-ng] Log particular actions and send specific files to a remote server

Savakh S sovakah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:25:08 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I have two questions about syslog-ng:

1 - Is it possible to send to a remote syslog-ng server a particular log
file, for example the following /var/log/network.log, and how we can do
this?

iface eth1 inet dhcp
    up echo $IFACE up $(date) >> /var/log/network.log
    down echo $IFACE down $(date) >> /var/log/network.log

2 - Is it possible to log in real time a change occured a network interface
? For example a new open port. More generally, how can we log actions
naturally not covered by syslog-ng in order to send to a remote server?

Thank you for any help.