[syslog-ng] GSoC 2016: Project: syslog-ng for Python

Amar Budhiraja amar.budhiraja1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:17:16 CET 2016

Hi mentors ,
I am an undergraduate student at IIIT-Hyderabad, India and I am interested
in the project proposed by Mr Budai  on having syslog-ng for Python. Last
year, I interacted with Mr Zoltan about the project of monitoring syslog-ng
via an android application. However, I couldn't make it.

I consider myself to be fairly proficient in both C and Python. I have had
several assignments in both C and Python both in and out of course work. I
developed a entire bash terminal in C in my sophomore year. I also
developed an application layer protocol in C in the same apart from several
minor course projects .
I have been working on Python for about 3 year now. I developed a Q/A
engine, multiple web apps and implemented the entire Adwords (Google's
Search Engine Advertising Framework) for my research paper in Python apart
from other projects. Some of my work is available at
https://github.com/budhiraja.

I also have good understand of syslog-ng at a user level. I am interested
in the syslog-ng for Python project. My interest comes from the fact that I
will get to learn and build a multi-language system.
Can you please guide me on how to move forward with the same?

Thanks

Sincerely,
Amar Budhiraja