[syslog-ng] running syslog-ng as non root user

Scheidler, Balázs balazs.scheidler at balabit.com
Mon Feb 15 13:03:18 CET 2016

Hi,

Probably the user doesnt have write permission to /dev so it cannot remove
the stale log socket, which causes the bind to fail.

You can create the log socket somewhere else (/var somewhere) and point a
symlink from dev.

Then you can give permissions to user to the directory where the log socket
resides.

Hth,
Bazsi