[syslog-ng] db-parser reuse for multiple logs?

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Apr 13 17:37:56 CEST 2015

Just to give a performance example for the patterndb parser.

We process approximately 5,000 msg/sec and use two patterndb parsers. One with 20,000 patterns and another with 4.300 patterns. All messages go through both parsers.

This consumes about 5% of a 2 socket, Intel X5675 (6 core), 3GHz cpu system.

Evan.