[syslog-ng] exitcode=6 - explanation please

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 5 22:31:28 CEST 2013

 From time to time it seems as though syslog-ng crashes, and our logs show

supervise/syslog-ng[30493]: Daemon exited due to a deadlock/signal/failure, restarting; exitcode='6'

and then the syslog-ng process is restarted.

Does the exitcode=6 from the syslog-ng process indicate that a SIGABRT was received by syslog-ng?

If not, then what does it mean?

If it does, I am trying to figure out who would send SIGABRT to the process. This is an uncommon signal
for the OS to send it (unlike SIGSEGV os SIGBUS) and no human sent it a signal.

Can anyone help me understand where the SIGABRT comes from?

Evan.