[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.4.2 uses 40% more CPU

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Wed Jun 5 11:16:10 CEST 2013

On 06/03/2013 07:07 PM, Evan Rempel wrote:

> Deployed version 3.4.2 into our infrastructure and noticed the CPU
> profile change depicted in this image.
>
> The change from 3.4.1 to 3.4.2 occurred at 09:19
>
> Looks like about 30% more user space CPU and 50% more system CPU.

Strange. While stress testing 3.4.2 before release I had quite the
opposite experience. No nice graphs to include, I just watched the XFCE
CPU graph applet, and found it used ~50% less CPU than with 3.4.1 and
the same configuration (standard openSUSE syslog-ng config with network
source and destination added).
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream