[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.4.2 increased segmentation faults

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Mon Jun 3 21:20:00 CEST 2013

After building/installing version 3.4.2 I am seeing many more segmentation faults.
I used to get 1-2 per week, and after the update the errors are occurring more than
1 every 30 minutes.

As a side note, I got an eventlog package of 0.2.13 from Balabit some time ago,
and have never seen it available again. the current release of eventlog seems to be

eventlog_0.2.12+20120504+1700.tar.gz

but software with release versions that include dates alway make me nervous.

Would the developers expect the eventlog versions to be so tightly coupled with
the release version of syslog-ng that a mismatch would result in segmentation faults?

Evan.