[syslog-ng] syslog-ng performance config calculator on Android

Zoltán Pallagi pzolee at balabit.hu
Fri Apr 26 11:30:35 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

You know I like syslog-ng but also my hobby is Android programming.
Because I wanted to practice (and develop my Android knowledge), I've
just written a little interesting Android application related to
syslog-ng performance tuning.
It can calculate the tuning related settings like log_iw_size(),
log_fetch_limit(), log_fifo_size() and so on, based on the given source
specific parameters. Furthermore it can generate an example
configuration that can be saved or sent via email.
So it was absolutely just my hobby project related to Android, but after
I showed it to a few people interested in syslog, I received positive
feedbacks. After I decided to share it with everybody taking into
consideration that I already have an Android developer account.

I hope it will be useful, at least you can play with the numbers and
results, but of course this is not a serious program just as I said my
hobby project.
You can download it from Android Market (and you can find more details
here):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pzolee.android.syslogngconfigurator
Of course it's free and no ads.

Have fun!