[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3.7 roadmap

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sat Sep 1 13:31:54 CEST 2012

Hi!

Since there were a couple of pending issues reported around the time
3.3.6 was released, a few little bugs remained in the release. The
nastiest one only affects Solaris, and can be solved by updating the
embedded ivykis. The others are - in my opinion - fairly rare corner
cases.

Nevertheless, they are all fixed in git, and I will release an RC
sometime during the weekend. Any testing and feedback would be most
appreciated, and if you have any issues you'd like to get fixed or
implemented before the next release, do let me know!

As of this writing, the following bugs were fixed in git:

 [#188]: afsocket-notls mistakenly being compiled as if TLS was enabled
 [#189]: syslog-ng --debug --version segfaulting at the module list
 [#190]: Solaris TCP source shutdown issue
 [#191]: glob-based @include working differently than the dir-based one

I will have the RC going on for a little while, mostly to allow people
time to install 3.3.6 (which, by and large, is the best 3.3 release so
far, if I may says so myself, even with the Solaris issue), and find any
bugs I may have missed.

The plan is to release syslog-ng 3.3.7 on October 31st, because that's
almost like a christmas present, and is far enough to allow people to
test 3.3.6 and the upcoming RC, but soon enough to not let the already
fixed bugs cause more damage.