[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng MongoDB inserting date data type

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Tue Jul 24 12:00:38 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Michael Dillon <mdillon at reachmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Epilog (Snare) to push syslog messages from my IIS logs to
> syslog-ng. I'm using the CSV parser to parse the message body and create nv
> pairs. I can't seem to figure out how to get the messages inserted with a
> datetime data type.
>
> Any insights?

As of this writing, this is not possible. The mongodb destination
driver of syslog-ng can only insert strings. There are plans to change
that, and I hope to find some time to do that before 3.4 becomes
stable. A quick & hacky solution could be added, and it does not
require much more than ~10-15 lines of code maybe, but I wasn't happy
with the quality of that, so I didn't write it yet.