[syslog-ng] Escape slashes etc in macro variables ($PROGRAM)

Göran Sandahl goran at gsandahl.net
Mon Jan 2 12:36:57 CET 2012

Howdy,

Is there a option for escaping macro variables such as $PROGRAM? I've seen
a couple of discussions about this on the list but they never seem to come
to a conclusion.

Case in point:

I'm creating an output file macro like this:

        file("/var/log/$SOURCEIP.$PROGRAM.log"

... and Syslog-ng failes to write the file whenever $PROGRAM looks similar
to "postfix/quemgr" since its then trying to "create" the directory postfix
due to the slash. Of course, thats not what I want.

Can this be circumvented somehow?

Cheers!
Goran